Maple-mustard glazed age tofu sandwich (vegan)
by Chef Caroline Ishii
Serves 4 people
- 1 package Soyerie Atsuage tofu (340 grams)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 7 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- Drain liquid from the tofu package. Cut each block in half and slice each half into two, making 4 pieces per block.
- Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, soy sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and brown rice flour in a large bowl.
- Add the tofu slices and coat with the mixture. Marinate at room temperature for 30-60 minutes, if possible.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Lay out the tofu pieces on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400F/205C oven for 15-20 minutes. Flip the tofu slices and glaze with the remaining sauce, baking for another 5-10 minutes.
- Assemble your toppings of choice for the sandwich and place the tofu slice(s) in the centre.